Monday, November 29, 2010

Rita

I was working in Houston, TX.  I was managing a bar and was bored in general with my life and I wanted another Harley.  So I sold my car, and started building.  I bought an old Yamaha 1100 so I could get around town and started to gather parts in my living room.  Early on I decided that the bike had a name and it was Rita.  That is a long story and not a very interesting one but Rita occupied my mind and heart for a lot of years.  She evolved a bit over time and suffered mostly because I was the chief mechanic but she was a great bike.




This was the final configuration.  3" belt, jockey shift, 21" front tire.  I had to sell Rita to finance a move to NYC which in the end was the right thing to do and one of the best decisions I have every made.  I met my wife in NYC and it was there that I met my first Italian Sportbike

No comments:

Post a Comment