Monday, November 29, 2010

The Desmo Siren Song

I had been living in NYC for a few years and I was living in my own apartment without roommates for the first time since I landed.  It had been two years without a bike and all of a sudden the jones started and I was thinking about building another bike.  By this time Ebay and a bunch of forums meant it was a whole lot easier to find used parts to piece something together.  So within months of having my own place I had the beginnings of another harley chopper project as well as a Triump tiger in a box in my 450 square foot apartment.  You see the rationalization was that i could get the triumph up and running fast so I would have something to ride while I built the harley.  Every year in January the motorcycle show came to NYC and the Jacob Javitz center and I went with some buddies.  One of them couldn't stop going on about the Ducatis.  I had seen them in the past but didn't really think much of them.  Well we found the Ducati booth and I sat on a Monster (Dark) and about an hour later one of the booth guys told me that I had to move on, that other people were waiting to sit on the bike.  I don't know how much longer it was but by that spring I had purchased the Blue 900 City.

This was actually my neighborhood in Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment